David McMahon wrote in the linked blog asking us to write about what makes us happy. To start with, having known Dave since age 6 or thereabouts is quite a happy feeling! And strangely enough, I don't have him on my Blogger blogroll even though he is linked on my Yahoo 360. So I'm making amends now...
Quite a lot of things make me happy. Just being happy tops the list. I mean, haven't you sometimes felt happy for no reason at all? But here's my happy list:
2. When my daughter tells me about her day. (Actually my daughter makes me happy any way!)
3. People who smile at me, especially children and strangers.
4. Listening to my kind of music when I'm down and blue... and even when I'm not.
5. When friends tell me they love my optimism...even when I'm not.
6. The woman I love... and for several other reasons that are too intimate to get into now!
7. Remembering snippets of the past - the happy past.
8. Imagining, (or should it be foreseeing?), a happy future!
9. Just happy to have had the parents I did.
10. Sunrises... sunsets... especially in the mountains.
11. Thinking about what makes me happy... just happy to be alive and still kicking!